The deadline for applications to the 2017-18 fellowship class has passed. Come back to this page in February 2018 to apply for our next class!
The Student Press Law Center is looking for our second class of Active Voice fellows.
Over the course of the 2017-18 academic year, you will develop and launch a “free speech service project” to support and inspire teen girls to speak up on substantive issues that matter to them in their student media. Fellows will have access to mentors (professional women from law, media, PR and tech) and the expansive network and expertise of the SPLC to help with the project.
- A $6,000 stipend ($3,000 each semester)
- A $1,000 expense account for project costs
- Be a current college student during the 2017-18 school year
- Attend a two day in-person training in August 2017 (location to be determined – last year was Chicago)
- Attend a post-fellowship convening/presentation in Miami in April 2018
- Create content for the Active Voice website on a regular basis
How To Apply
- Download the cover sheet with instructions here
- A PDF with answers to some frequently asked questions is here
- E-mail your cover sheet, narrative responses, resume and two writing samples as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due